February 13, 2017
Central Region Cooperative (CRC) would like to announce the sale of the Sleepy Eye uptown elevator located just west of the Railway Bar on Rice Street Northwest. In 1921, the original stockholders of Farmer’s Elevator Company built the uptown elevator to replace the original coal elevator that was previously in its place. In 1950, an annex was added to the east of the elevator, and in 1959 a new 130,000 bushel addition was constructed to the south side of the elevator. The uptown elevator was used by Farmer’s Elevator Company and River Region Cooperative until 2009. The uptown elevator has not been used and has been vacant since 2009.
The elevator was sold to a private party and will NOT be used as a grain holding facility going forward.